Exactly one week to the Klein Karoo Street Mile and Oudtshoorn Road Relay. Some points that we want to bring to your attention are listed below:
1. KAROOPOT RESTAURANT in Baron van Reede Street: The finish of the Klein Karoo Street Mile will be opposite the CP Nel Museum (opposite Karoopot Restaurant). The start / finish of the Oudtshoorn Relay as well as the prize giving of both events will also happen here. Athletes and their supporters can also eat at Karoopot after the races.
2. ENTRIES & REGISTRATION: We would really like to get your entries beforehand as this makes the process much easier. Payment can be done when you register. What we require is:
a. Name (not only your initials) and surname
b. Club you run for
c. Age category: There are 4 categories:
- Born after 1 January 2001
- Born between 1 January 1995 and 31 December 2001
- 40+: Born before 1 January 1974
d. Gender: Male or Female
f. Contact number
NOTE: Street Mile Entries will happen at Kleinplaas from 08h00 to 09h30. The relay will be from 14h00 to 15h30 at Karoopot.
g. Please email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 086 210 5065.
a. 4 x 4km out and back along Baron van Reedestreet. Start and finish in front of Karoopot.
b. Three prize categories for male and female teams:
- Born after 1 January 2001 (P JUNIORS)
- Born between 1 January 1995 and 31 December 2001 (JUNIORS)
c. Teams can be made up of runners from different clubs or sexes and will still qualify for prizes. I.e. team made up of male and female runners and junior and senior runners will only qualify for Male Open prize category.
d. Athletes competing in the two junior categories must have their ID’s / birth certificate and must wear tags to qualify for prizes.
e. Athletes wanting to be part of a team running in the relay – please send me your details. We will post it on Facebook for you two make up your own teams.